Quality Assurance Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Assurance Inspector|
|Location||Aurora, IL, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is searching for a Quality Assurance Inspector who will perform inspections of purchased and manufactured parts and assemblies to verify conformance with established quality standards.
QA Inspectors collaborate with our production teams to ensure parts and assemblies are built to meet requirements.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to accurately inspect welds. Measure parts and steel framing based on fabrication drawings.
- Ability to become qualified to use inspection equipment including Hardness Testers (Bench and Portable), Profilometer, Optical Comparator, XRF Analyzer, and others as assigned.
- Ability to perform inspections to required accuracy using inspection tooling, including, but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, plug, ring, and thread gauges.
- Capable of reading and understanding steel fabrication drawings.
- Collaborate with the production department to make sure the quality standards are clearly understood by all production engineers and technicians.
- Perform QC testing, record keeping, and welding inspections.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills involving several variables in standardized situations.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.