Website Air Products
Quality Assurance Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Assurance Manager|
|Location||Bethlehem, PA, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
Gardner Cryogenics (a business of Air Products and Chemicals), is a world leader in liquid helium and liquid hydrogen storage and transportation equipment.
The company is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager who will ensure that processes are in place to produce products and services that meet regulatory specifications, internal specifications, and customer expectations.
This position will collaborate across teams at a deeply technical level to drive product quality and continual improvement across the Gardner Cryogenics organization.
The successful candidate will advance a culture of Customer and Quality-focused work processes and critical thinking.
- The applicants should have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a university or college.
- The candidates should have 10+ years of management expertise in a manufacturing environment with a tried understanding of engineering experience focusing on pressure vessels in compliance to ASME.
- Coach and influence peers in principles of power scale and mistake proofing
- Content ownership of inspection test plans, for pressure vessel fabrication, in support of the Engineering department.
- Drive quality process compliance across design, drawings, specifications, and calculations as they pertain to ASME, PED, TPED, DOT, and international regulatory requirements in addition to customer requirements.
- Ensure critical processes are defined and led through controlled documentation
- Ensure timely and urgent resolution of QA actions and shop floor variations, as required to support production targets.
- Facilitate root cause investigations and corrective actions pertaining to internal and external non-conformances, with the use of power scale, root cause analysis, and mistake-proofing corrective actions.
- Identify and execute QA initiatives to support key targets in Order Intake and Profit
- Partnering with Engineering team, ensure compliance to all relevant aspects of ASME Code Section VIII, Divisions 1 and 2, Section XII, Section V (NDE), and IX (Welding)
- Regular interaction and collaboration with QC Manager and Engineering Manager
- Supervision and skills development of QA Team members
- Support critical inspections as QA liaison with Authorized Inspectors, vendors, and other regulatory representatives.
- Support internal and customer nonconformance process
- Ability to build strong relationships in a manufacturing environment across a wide range of coworkers
- Ability to work across all levels of personnel with demonstrated influence and leadership
- Applied Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methods and advanced problem-solving skills required
- Demonstration of hands-on problem solving and sense of urgency/customer responsiveness
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory/regulatory inspection requirements.
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications required
- SAP experience
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 QMS required with proven ability to use Quality Assurance principles to impact business results
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacations, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.