Website BWX Technologies
QA Technical Specialist 2 Job Highlights
|Title||QA Technical Specialist 2|
|Type||Full Time (weekend shift)|
|Location||Barberton, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is seeking a Quality Assurance Technical Specialist who will be responsible for receiving inspection support of product manufacturing processes for dedicated product lines.
Training will be completed on the 1st shift during the week.
- Applicants require an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field (college/university) with at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience or knowledge of inspection techniques including dimensional inspection, NDE methods such as ultrasound, mag particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, or radiography preferred but not required
- Experience or knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, and assembly preferred but not required
- Experience with inventory is a plus
- Analysis of quality trending data
- Assist in the development and implementation of inspection plans and repair plans
- Assist manufacturing engineering and shop personnel in the resolution of product quality issues
- Corrective Action resolution
- The leadership of process improvement activities
- Maintenance of quality assurance records
- Participate in internal audits to assure compliance with customer and internal requirements
- Shop floor surveillance activities
- Support of hourly inspection personnel and development of inspection technique documentation
- Must be able to obtain and maintain and DOE security clearance
- Solid math/statistical skills and knowledge in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and print reading
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.