Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager|
|Location||Cudahy, WI, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is hiring a Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager who will actively contribute to a rapidly growing business unit dedicated to sustainability within a large, multi-national corporation.
The position will support the Vice President of Operations in updating and maintaining the quality assurance system, ensuring product quality and process improvement programs, and leading the quality and continuous improvement team.
Candidates will interact with operations, engineering, project managers, sales, supply chain, and corporate leaders daily in the pursuit of exceeding customer expectations.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Engineering, or Business Discipline from a college or university.
- It will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of operations, quality, or continuous improvement experience
- Administer compliance with the ASME and the National Board code requirements, working with the in-house authorized third-party inspectors and ensuring that weld and fabrication quality output meets the stringent requirements of the code
- Audit and train others on how to perform audits to ensure conformance to the established procedures and practices by following a defined audit schedule and initiating corrective action as required
- Develop and maintain a departmental budget. Review and approve quality control and CI purchases.
- Establish and implement procedures, specifications, and testing standards for products shipped worldwide and ensure they are in conformance with the required regional codes
- Investigates customer complaints and drives root cause corrective actions
- Lead quality and continuous improvement team and help prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments appropriately
- Present to management and all levels of the organization regularly on quality and improvement programs
- Support supply chain teams by monitoring and reporting on vendor performance and pursue timely corrective actions and continuous improvements (CI)
- Track and report on all aspects of the cost of quality while driving improvement programs to reduce scrap, rework, and increase shop floor yield rates.
- Upgrade and maintain Quality Assurance System and ensure product quality conforms to both engineering and customer requirements
- Certified Welding Inspector certification
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent education/experience
- Effective communicator and change agent with a focus on the customer
- Hands-on leader who possesses a high level of drive, integrity, accountability, and energy to connect with all levels of employees.
- Have the confidence and presentation skills to speak to all levels of the organization regularly on quality and improvement programs
- High-quality decision-making, even in the face of uncertainty or when incomplete information is available.
- Prove record of leadership in technical or quality leadership roles
- The company offers flexible and competitive benefits plans that include medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.
- It also provides flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.