Quality Control Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Control Inspector|
|Location||Levis, QC, Canada|
Davie is more than just Canada’s largest shipbuilder. The company provides a wide range of products and services to a number of different industries where it leverages its high-capacity fabrication capabilities for complex, engineered solutions. The capability to provide end-to-end turnkey solutions and its strategic location makes it an ideal partner for a range of industries from oil and gas to defense.
The company is recruiting a Quality Control Inspector who will perform inspections related to the construction, modification, or repair of a vessel according to the quality control plan.
Must use the relevant documentation, and verify the procedures and equipment necessary for the tests and inspections.
Be responsible for collecting quality evidence (record/report) that confirms the tests and inspections performed.
In case of non-conformity, you will be responsible for documenting and participating in the resolution of the problem.
Applicants should hold one or more qualifications in one of the following areas: Marine Electrical (IEEE 45, TP127, etc.), Painting (NACE level 2 or 3), Welding (CWB), NDT (penetrant, magnetic, ultrasonic)
- Possess relevant work experience in quality control (construction or heavy manufacturing)
- Identify any non-conformity as a result of an inspection and assist in addressing these non-conformities to facilitate resolution
- Participate in the creation/revision of documents (such as specifications, inspection reports, quality assurance audits, technical systems documentation, and inspection standards operating procedures)
- Perform production testing and inspection to ensure work conforms to customer requirements, standards, and specifications
- Perform tests and inspections on materials and equipment in stock on site
- Performs inspections in the presence of the customer to ensure compliance of the final product with standards, requirements, and contractual agreements
- Review and analyze project specifications to prepare the necessary inspection plans
- Review specifications, drawings, procedures, and technical standards required for each project
- Understand specific project requirements and ensure that work is performed in accordance with specifications, regulations, standards, and internal procedures
- Ability to interpret specifications and technical drawings
- Fluency in French (written and oral) and English at intermediate to advanced level (written and oral)
- Knowledge of calibration of measuring instruments
- Knowledge of classification society regulations (Lloyds, ABS, etc.)
- Knowledge of NDT procedures and techniques
- Must have a thorough knowledge of quality control procedures, record keeping, and systems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Proven ability to work effectively with clients and in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.