Website Ben Hur Construction Company
Quality Control Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Control Inspector|
|Location||St. Louis, MO, United States|
|Company||Ben Hur Construction Company|
Ben Hur Steel Worx is a leading authority and top performer in steel construction services. The company provides the best product and services to the customers and looks forward to working with owners, contractors, architects, engineers, developers, other fabricators, and erectors who want a team approach in dealing with their steel construction needs.
The company is looking for a candidate who can assist the Quality Control Manager in organizing, maintaining, and implementing the quality assurance program.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of the proper application of NDE methods VT, PT, MT, UT, RT.
- Knowledge of proper fabricating methods cutting, burning, shearing, drilling, assemble, bolting, welding, cleaning, and painting.
- Working knowledge of the AISC, AWS D1.1, SSPC specifications, and codes.
- Assist Q.A. Manager in administering Welder Performance Qualification in accordance with AWS D1.1.
- Assist Q.A. Manager in monitoring welder’s continuous performance for maintaining their qualifications.
- Assist Q.A. Manager in resolving material and fabrication problems.
- Attachment dimensional placement
- Cleaning and Painting
- Good fabrication practice copes, grinding
- In-process and final inspection of pieces
- Marks and sequence
- Over-length, correct size, connections
- Perform pre-installation bolt testing
- Surveillance of in-process cutting, drilling, fit-up, welding, bolting, cleaning, and painting operations.
- Weld inspection of all welds to receive final inspection and documented.
- Welding size, appearance
- Coordination of third-party testing agencies
- Ability to interpret material and fabrication requirements from design drawings, contract specifications, and shop detail drawings.
- Ability to work with people in situations involving fabrication problems, critical lead times, and deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Must be able to handle up to 25 pounds on a repeated basis throughout the day, 25 to 50 pounds frequently during the day, 50 to 75 pounds occasionally during the day, and 75 to 100 pounds several times during the day.
- Must be able to move around the production floor.
- Full-time position, days Monday-Friday, some overtime required including some Saturdays
- Plant manufacturing environment
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Eight paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- High safety standards
- Job training programs
- Life insurance
- Manufacturing plant environment
- Medical insurance
- Performance Bonuses
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Vacation and Personal Day
Ben Hur Steel Worx is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. The company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit benhurconstruction.aaimtrack.com.