Website Lincoln Electric
Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Bettendorf, IA, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is seeking a Quality Engineer who will function as follows-
- Monitoring and improving the quality of all outgoing products and systems; acting as the technical bridge between Engineering and Customer Experience; documenting test requirements; conducting functional testing, and training others in it; identifying and driving the correction of quality problems associated with the design or fabrication of components and subsystems; working with the supply chain to improve the quality and accuracy of incoming parts; and managing the identification, correction, and reduction of non-conforming materials.
- Coordinating cross-functional efforts to improve the quality of various design and project execution processes throughout the business.
- Project Managers are internal customers.
- Writes and manages the Functional Runoff Checklist for all custom projects, including regular revisions, revision control, and responsibility for what is added to or removed from the Checklist; and trains others on how to use the Checklist.
- Schedules and facilitates the final Functional Runoff with the Project Manager to verify that the build and test checks are completed properly and will troubleshoot these checks when needed.
- Provides feedback to 1) Engineering Quality Plans, 2) Engineering, Programming, and Assembly on warranty failures and spending; and 3) Training for any needed improvements.
- Monitor and improve the quality of incoming parts and components, both by establishing and executing a process for incoming inspection, and by owning and driving a process that identifies, corrects, and reduces mistakes in the supply chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology (college/university), or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in automation integration (required)
- Experience in mechanical and electrical assembly
- Ensure systems and tools are fully tested and meeting all specifications prior to shipment
- Maintain a high level of safety within the facility
- Write and Monitor Engineering Quality Plans for all custom projects and standard products
- Develop and Document improved processes and procedures for custom projects and standard products; conduct testing and train others in best practices
- Establish and execute a process for monitoring and improving the incoming quality of key components
- Review warranty failures and non-conforming parts and provide feedback to appropriate departments
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- May determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Facilitate special projects, as assigned.
- Strong understanding of industry safety requirements and practices.
- Exceptional adherence to Quality Standards.
- Ability to mentor and guide employees.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints.
- Ability to develop and document procedures.
- Exceptional ability to bring a project to full closure, ensuring all steps are completed.
- Computer literacy required in MS Office applications
- Good organizational skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated leadership ability and ability to relate well to others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of safety.
- Behavioral skills required include strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, hardworking, driven, ability to work independently with little supervision, ability to work well under pressure, willingness to travel, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop clear and concise written documents.
- Ability to accurately identify product quality that does or does not align with standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot on builds and tests.
- Ability to speak publicly, including leading training classes and mentoring employees.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and respect.
- Work is a mix of standing, bending, squatting, lifting and walking, and some long periods of sitting.
- Frequent reaching, bending, pulling, and lifting in relationship to components to be gathered and assembled.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 70 pounds and frequently lift 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity to utilize the assembly equipment and tools.
- The noise level is usually moderate; temperatures in the assembly area may fluctuate with the seasons as the production area is not air-conditioned.
- The company offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit-sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.