Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Forest City, NC, United States|
Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, and specialty and aftermarket customers around the world.
The company is seeking a Quality Engineer who will be responsible for planning and conducting the activities concerned with the quality assurance systems. They will identify, analyze, and support problem-solving activities.
The quality engineer is the supervisor and facilitator of the QA technicians.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years in Quality Engineering activities.
- Experienced in related manufacturing processes (welding/assembly)
- Experienced in requirements and implementation of QS 9000 or TS 16949 required.
- Experienced in Structured Problem Solving (8D)
- Assist the quality manager in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality system.
- Coach, train, and develop QA technicians including technical development and team skills.
- Improve and monitor the inspection systems.
- Plan, organize and manage the overall activities of receiving and outgoing quality functions.
- Plan, organize and manage the overall activities of the gauge, measurement, and inspection equipment systems.
- Provide support to the manufacturing areas to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Supervise QA technicians. These responsibilities include manpower planning, work assignments, employee performance, team administrative tasks, etc.
- Support creation and maintenance of company quality documentation such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Support problem solving and corrective actions taken in response to customer complaints, audit findings, etc.
- Support the continual improvements to the quality assurance process and procedures.
- Support the plant’s audit activity including product audits, process audits, and internal quality audits.
- Knowledge of Basic/Advanced Statistics
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen
- Quality certifications desired (CRE CQE Black Belt, etc.)
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meritor.jobs.net.