Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Maxton, NC, United States|
Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, and specialty and aftermarket customers around the world.
The company is hiring a Quality Engineer who will be responsible to plan and conduct activities associated with the quality assurance and quality control of plant industrial and business processes, materials, and products.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics from a university or college.
- Maths or Sciences are preferred
- The candidates should have 3 years in Quality Engineering activities
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems preferred
- Experienced in related manufacturing processes (welding/assembly) preferred
- Experienced in requirements and implementation of IATF16949 required
- Experienced in Structured Problem Solving (8D) required
- Accountable for reductions in Customer PPM, Supplier PPM, and Warranty R/100 metrics
- Champion 8D problem-solving teams formed to address customer and in-plant quality concerns
- Communicate with the customer regarding APQP, quality issues, and pro-active continuous improvement activities
- Complete special projects related to quality as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Coordinate data acquisition or development of formal reports associated with performance metrics
- Coordinate structured problem-solving activities associated with internal and external issues
- Create an environment in which no one tolerates complacency
- Drive rigorous internal and external benchmarking of performance
- Drives for Continuous Improvement
- Eliminate roadblocks, barriers, and inefficiencies
- Facilitate the implementation of a plant quality system that is in compliance with the IATF16949
- internal PPAPs
- Key customer contact regarding quality-related issues
- Lead application of quality tools such as SPC, DOE’s, Fishbone Diagrams, Five Why’s, Affinity Diagrams and Mistake-Proofing
- Participate in IATF16949 internal and external audits
- Participate in the APQP process with a cross-functional team and make disposition on supplier and
- Quickly embrace new technology to increase capabilities
- Redesign or ask others to redesign systems and processes to increase the effectiveness
- Supervise Quality Auditors and/or Quality Inspectors
- Use metrics and performance measures to track progress
- Demonstrated success in establishing positive relationships with customers
- Knowledge of Basic/Advanced Statistics preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen preferred
- Quality certifications desired (CRE CQE Black Belt etc.) preferred
- Strong verbal presentation and interpersonal/facilitation skills
- MS Office Suite experience (Excel, PowerPoint) required
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meritor.jobs.net.