Website Johnson Controls
Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||San Antonio, TX, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is recruiting a Quality Engineer who will plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (college/university) or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Develops innovative approaches to tackle problems identified during quality assurance activities
- Develops new product quality plans as part of participation in cross-functional product development teams.
- Performs quality-engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with requirements, including quality manuals and company quality records.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, tests, or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provide recommendations for the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Demonstrated planning, problem-solving, data analysis, GD&T, blueprint reading, organizing, interpersonal, and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing procedures, production methods (including machining and welding), shop standards, team building, SPC, and modern quality assurance applications.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.