Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Clarksville, TN, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is looking for a candidate who can be responsible for the activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished assemblies or components.
The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Assurance or other related degree program or equivalent experience in the applicable area.
- The candidates must have 3 to 5 years of quality experience
- Desired experienced AS Q CQE
- Welding, fabricating, and/or machining experience preferred
- Assist in production training as directed by management.
- Create, maintain, and update document control records.
- Advise quality and manufacturing engineering on potential quality issues.
- Conduct Receiving Inspection of incoming material if needed.
- Assist manufacturing in the start-up of new processes (PPAP’s) as well as necessary PPAP’s associated with equipment moves, process changes, design changes, etc.
- Assist production in the use, maintenance, availability, and training for assigned measuring equipment and gages. Coordinate and assist with equipment installation and start-up and purchase of measuring and testing devices.
- Champion assigned Continuous Improvement activities for areas of responsibility.
- Champion CC/OFI (customer concern) timely corrective action responses with an appropriate cross-functional team. Maintain documentation of meetings, corrective action responses, and evidence of follow-up.
- Conduct customer-specific requirements and quality audit on the finished products before shipment.
- Demonstrate effective team skills through participation and facilitation in team activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of AQP documentation, revisions, and necessary follow-up.
- Have primary responsibility for EP&T installation, maintenance, implementation, training, and process planning. Leads and facilitates all EP&T processes and efforts for the plant.
- Maintain documentation of inspection documents and report results to management.
- Make use of measuring equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Maintain gages and measuring equipment. Support current calibration systems per established procedures. Recommend repair, replacement, or upgrade of gages and measuring equipment to management.
- Track and report scrap, rework, appraisal costs, prevention costs, and failure costs of quality.
- Provide immediate containment actions and assist QA and Production departments with containment efforts.
- Support and demonstrate understanding of the importance and significance of timely yet accurate updates for process changes.
- Perform effective IATF 16949 audits as a trained and experienced lead auditor. Conduct audits of the Quality Management System elements per established procedures and report audit results to quality management. Assist management in implementing quality systems elements. Maintain document control system per established procedures.
- Advise management on potential quality system issues and recommend improvements to the quality system. Document quality work instructions as directed. Initiate immediate and effective necessary containment and the corresponding Quality Alerts for communicating quality issues to the shop floor.
- Familiar with use of SPC
- Strong teamwork skills
- Assertive, self-confident, and meticulous
- Desired AIAG or RAB certified lead auditor
- Effective communication skills
- Familiar with the use of gages (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Ability to understand MSA studies; process capability, perform studies, and conduct gage R&R studies
- Experience in training others
Comprehensive Benefit Packages
Benefits to Help Prepare for Retirement
- 401(k) Plan
- Pension Plan
Benefits to Manage Your Health
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Medical Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Benefits to Protect Your Income
- Additional Dependent Life
- Additional Employee Life and AD&D
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.