Website Trinity Industries
Quality Inspector Job Highlights
|Shell Rock, IA, United States
Trinity Industries is North America’s premier provider of railcar products and services. The company provides products that are an integral part of the supply chain and help fuel the lives and economy.
The company is recruiting a Quality Inspector who will make visual and measured inspections of products to ensure conformance with standards and determine if the product meets all requirements.
May inspect incoming materials or plates, outgoing materials, or fittings and weld throughout the manufacturing process.
May apply singular inspection processes, such as hydrostatic tests, and perform x-ray, destructive, and non-destructive examination to verify specified dimensions, strengths, and other quality factors using measuring instruments and inspection equipment.
May also perform magnetic particle inspection.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma (a plus)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Certified to conduct and approve 2 NDE quality tests (such a bubble leak, dye penetrant, ultrasound) or Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform as Welding Inspector Specialist (WIS) level II or Quality Inspection Specialist (QIS) level II or able to achieve in 6 months
- Proficiently utilize inspection tools and/or measuring equipment
- Understand and apply quality science and tools
- Work under the supervision of a Level 2 certified inspector
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be a business and people leader
- The company offers a benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Maternity/Parental Paid Leave, Health Savings Account with a Company Contribution, Health Care & Dependent Care FSA’s, 401(k) Plan with 6% Company Match, Professional Development, Recognition Incentives, and Service Awards.
Trinity Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit trinity.referrals.selectminds.com.