Quality Inspector Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st Shift)|
|Location||Garden City, NY, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Quality Inspector with Aerospace experience.
The position will be responsible for inspection of first production articles, in-process and final products using open set-up, CMM, and inspection methods and techniques in accordance with drawing requirements and specifications.
- The applicants should be a High School Graduate
- Post High School Education in Math, Engineering, Inspection techniques, or related fields is a plus
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of mechanical inspection, aerospace experience
- Collect and tabulate data for SPC use
- Generate First Article Reports per AS9102
- Inspect detail parts and assemblies per drawing requirement and specs using standard measuring equipment
- Perform hardness testing
- Perform layout of castings and assemblies per drawing requirements
- Perform small hand tool calibration
- Prepare and maintain inspection reports
- Program or operate Coordinate Measuring machine
- Read and interpret aerospace engineering drawings using geometric dimensioning and tolerances including an understanding of maximum material conditions
- Other duties as directed by the management
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Excel and Word
- Familiar with MIL, NAS, MS, AMS, AWS, and AS specifications and standards
- Familiar with special process specifications for heat treatment, welding, and non-destructive testing
- Interpret drawing requirements/specs and geometric dimensions and tolerances
- PCDMIS programming skills
- CMM machines
- Height Gauges
- Other standard measuring tools/instruments
- Vernier calipers
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal and sick time.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.