Quality Manager (Nuclear) Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Manager – Nuclear|
|Location||Chattanooga, TN, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is looking for a Quality Manager (Nuclear) who will help to take the business to the next level.
- Applicants require a B.S. Mechanical Engineering Degree from a college/university OR a combination of equivalent technical degree and years of experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a QC role in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in the Nuclear Quality field (required)
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience associated with the implementation of quality assurance programs
- Commercial nuclear power experience (preferred)
- SAP experience (preferred)
- Certification of Level III Inspection and Test Personnel
- Control of nonconformance and corrective actions
- Develops and maintains essential management reports in accordance with Sulzer business needs
- Implement and maintain facility Nuclear Quality Program – encompassing manufacturing and engineering support of equipment in compliance with Federal regulations 10CFR50 Appendix B, 10CFR21, ASME Section III, NQA-1, and non-safety related, customer specifications
- Implement Commercial Grade Dedication Program in partnership with Sulzer Nuclear Engineering Manager
- Implement procedures and systems controlling Non-Destructive Examination and calibration of measuring and test equipment
- Interface with vendors and customers as needed
- Leads SNSC Audit activities for NUPIC, ASME N and NPT Certifications, UL, and others as required
- Local ESH liaison interfacing directly with division ESH Specialists to ensure a safe and compliant work environment for our coworkers
- Maintain Approved Vendors List through evaluation and qualification of vendors in accordance with industry regulations and Sulzer requirements
- Maintain Quality Assurance Manual and Quality records in accordance with industry regulations and Sulzer requirements
- NQA-1 Lead Auditor and qualification of Sulzer lead auditors. Participates in NIAC and manages the execution of Sulzer audits to support NIAC participation
- Qualification and Certification of personnel for special processes – welding, non-destructive examination, NQA-1 Lead Auditors, and others as needed
- Review Management Audit results with the GMNS and report regularly on the effectiveness of the Quality program to the GMNS
- Budgets and manages Quality Assurance department cost
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Currently certified as a Lead Auditor in accordance with ASME, NQA-1, 2008
- Demonstrated experience implementing a Commercial Grade Dedication program
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance regulations, standards, and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, ASME NQA-1, and ASME Section III program implementation. Knowledgeable in the areas of industrial standards and quality standards
- Proficiency in Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing disciplines (preferred)
- 15 days or paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with a 6% company match
- Comprehensive benefits program, including, medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Motivating wellness program
- Service awards at 5 years
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.