Website Martinrea International
Quality Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Manchester, MI, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is seeking a Quality Manager who will provide leadership and direction to the Quality Department.
Be responsible for the implementation, support, and continual improvement of quality management systems and practices to ensure that products and processes adhere to internal and customer specifications and standards.
Develop and lead best practices implementation regarding quality processes and procedures, with a strong focus on strategic quality planning resulting in a total Quality Management System that drives true root cause analysis in problem identification, permanent corrective action, problem prevention, and robust error-proofing in manufacturing and assembly operation.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Quality Assurance Certificate (ASQ) (preferred)
- Possess a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in a Quality position in the automotive industry with 5 years at a management level
- Must have experience in an assembly, welding, and stamping facility
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to, the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Address all quality-related problems and provide prompt resolutions and recommendations so as to minimize production interruption
- Champion the needs of the customer in internal functions. Partnering with the customer to ensure open communication and continuous support
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory, and operational expense
- Coordinate problem investigations and ensure the timely completion of customer-specific corrective action requirements, they will verify the implementation of solutions
- Drive internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the Quality Management System. Utilizing continuous improvement to reduce waste and maximize the effectiveness of all processes
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to the customer, internal, IATF 16949:20106, and ISO9001 standards and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure proper planning and control for all areas of responsibility in the Quality Department (e.g., labor, overtime, equipment, travel, etc.)
- Responsible for managing and mentoring members of the quality team, ensuring appropriate training, coaching, and discipline is given, driving the department’s superior performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Highly skilled at time management and a proven ability to lead a large team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in the understanding and use of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment (venires, micrometer, height gauges, profile projector, etc.)
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- The offers include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Vacation
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.