Website Heil Environmental (Dover Company)
Quality Process Auditor (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Process Auditor – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Fort Payne, AL, United States|
Heil Environmental is a Dover Corporation operating company. It is the world’s premier manufacturer of ultra-durable, highly productive mobile refuse collection vehicles and the industry’s leading provider of collection solutions that help customers achieve long equipment life and the lowest total cost of ownership.
The Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental is hiring a Quality Process Auditor who will audit and recommend/participate in corrective action to discrepancies found. Discrepancies may be discovered in record keeping, work instructions, operator performance, testing, pilot vehicles, part inspection, or trips in the field.
Auditors will be looking for system breakdowns, as well as participating in improving the Quality Assurance (QA) systems at the plants, Parts Central, and in the field.
This position is integral to the success of the overall Heil Quality program. Auditors are one of the last lines of defense that ensure the systems are in place and remain in place with respect to Quality Assurance.
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to possess previous work experience in the related field.
- Able to train others in the use of QA instrumentation. (Height gauge, Calipers, Micrometer, Paint film gauging, Pressure gauges, Steel rulers (scales) and Torque gauges).
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Blueprint reading.
- Can audit and train others in the Heil Quality Management System and operating procedures.
- Can perform Pilot, Pre PDI, Secondary Containment, and Test Track inspections.
- Excellent computer skills and written communication skills, including CAD Viewer, JD Edwards, and Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel and Word).
- Participate in NCR Procedure workflow as a facilitator.
- Participates in 8-D corrective action process.
- Perform process audits and report findings.
- Will act also as ISO 9001:2015 an internal auditor.
- Work safely, report any safety concerns to Management.
- Working knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and MIG welding and assembly techniques would be a plus.
- Knowledge of the functions of various models of Heil refuses vehicles would be preferred.
- Audible Demands – Requires ability to follow verbal instructions and to hear for safety purposes.
- Environmental – Involves exposure to plant environments with the presence of dust, fumes, noise, and fluctuating temperatures due to lack of climate control.
- Knowledge – Requires ability to understand general arithmetic; ability to write in an understandable manner; understand verbal or written instructions; ability to read and understand instructions, lists, and billing materials; use PC based applications, including Mainstar, Outlook, and Microsoft Office, knowledge normally acquired through high school or equivalent experience.
- Manual Dexterity – Requires use of hands, arms, and feet for repetitive lifting; use of hands and arms to operate all manufacturing equipment, meters, chains hoists, automatic drills, and general hand tools and to record written information.
- Mental – Requires normal attention with periods of high concentration intermittently to operate machinery approximately 50% of the time.
- Physical – Requires walking/standing approximately 70%, lifting up to 40 pounds approximately 15% of the time; involves repetitive overhead work approximately 10% of the time; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending, and crouching approximately 5% of the time.
- Visual – Requires the ability to visually observe essential functions for satisfactory job performance and safety; color and depth perception required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a CDL license is preferred.
- This position could require overnight travel at times but should be less than 10% of the time worked.
Heil Environmental (a Dover Corporation operating company) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dovercorporation.com.