Quality Team Leader (Joining/Dimensional) Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Team Leader – Joining/Dimensional|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI, United States|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is seeking a Quality Team Leader who will create and implement daily quality control procedures for body shop dimensional control.
Support daily quality control procedures for a body shop to ensure that the manufacturing process is within the tolerance limits.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical from a university or college.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Be a technical resource for skilled trades and production teams
- Coordinates and analyzes dimensional data collection from CMM, Perceptron Vision Systems, Scan Box, and FARO Arm to drive build to nominal
- Ensure that all requirements set by the Design office and Engineering are feasible and can be met by Manufacturing
- Ensure that all the joint technology is reliable and meet the design need
- Ensure that the product meets the Engineering requirement and all dimensions are in a tolerance
- Ensure that the quality of the welding will be met
- Group leader for Dimensional Op Techs and CMM Operators
- Lead problem-solving activities working with Stamping and outside suppliers to resolve process-related issues
- Manage body dimensional control procedures – Understands and monitors data and metrics for the body shop and drives the process to achieve metric goals
- Provide a safe work environment
- Provide corrective action for customer dis-satisfiers
- Provide customer support for Stamping, Paint and General Assembly
- Responsible to measure the products with CMM machine and certify them
- Support the maintenance & engineering group, including breakdowns & project planning
- Understand and correlate Different quality systems to meet the needs of production and daily targets
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Extensive GMS Knowledge
- Extensive ISO Knowledge
- Extensive understanding of body shop tooling and manufacturing dimensional processes
- Must be willing to rotate shifts
- Process validation experience with new equipment build, installation, and start-up
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Dimensional experience
- Launch experience
- Production and/or maintenance leadership experience
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.