Website Wabtec Corporation
Quality Tech – Fabrication/Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Tech – Fabrication/Welding|
|Location||Duquesne, PA, United States|
Wabtec Corporation provides transportation solutions that move and improve the world. The company helps customers to overcome their toughest challenges by delivering rail and industrial solutions that improve safety, efficiency, and productivity.
The company is looking for an individual who can support the team for digital solution development, next-gen manufacturing, advanced service delivery, or the spectrum of business functions by using skills like innovation, collaboration, inclusiveness, and continuous improvement.
- The prospective candidates should have completed High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, tech center, or college.
- The candidates should have at least 1 year of experience in the manufacturing/welding environment
- Academic and practical training in ASNT-TC-1A Recommended Practice
- Technical training in ASME Codes, NDE Disciplines (Non-Destructive Testing), and technical training in welding i.e. visual inspection, weld and non-destructive testing symbols, write and interpret weld procedures
- Attend seminars and education classes related to quality testing
- Conducts inspections on in-coming material, in-process and completes final inspections.
- Document and report inspection findings, results and monitors corrective action to inspection findings.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance are up to date on inspection equipment.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports as required.
- May be asked to weld or do machine operations on the occasion
- Monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company/quality policies and customer requirements.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical, visual inspections of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per specifications.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Read and interpret specifications and drawings.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit wabtec.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.