Website Chart Industries
Quality Technician II Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Tech II|
|Location||Canton, GA, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is searching for a Quality Technician II to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- ASQ Certification
- Possess 2 to 5 years of quality technician experience (preferably in manufacturing)
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and work orders
- Possess experience working with Chart products
- Welding experience (a plus)
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers highly complex issues to higher-level staff
- Performs work under general supervision
- Possesses solid working knowledge of the subject matter
- Provides analysis of data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards
- Recommends modifications to the existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures
- Records relevant quality data
- Utilizes basic, intermediate to advanced tools (such as caliper, micrometer, optical comparator, CMM, etc.) in daily tasks
- Other duties, as assigned
Basic QC Tasks-
- Product, process, and Quality Management System audits
- Process reject material from production (Scrap Bins) in Master Control
- Inspects products to ensure conformance to established quality standards
- Initiates nonconformance reports
- Initiates revisions for Quality Management System documentation
- Conducts sample receiving inspections on purchased parts
- Gather gas samples in support of product gas analysis
Advanced QC Tasks-
- Issues production line Certificates of Compliance (CoCs)
- Conducts chemical analysis
- Creates Quality Alerts, Bulletins, and Aids for production
- Performs assigned activities in support of process validations
- Completes calibrations of measurement equipment
- Inspects incoming material (FAI) and the final product
- Pressure tests rupture disks
- Performs leak tests through bubbles and tracer gas sniffing
Non-Destructive Testing NDT I Tasks-
- Completes film and real-time x-ray evaluations
- Completes dye penetration tests
- Conducts weld size inspections
- General to intermediate knowledge of ISO procedures
- Intermediate to advanced math skills (weight measurement, volume, distance, multiplication, division, percentage, and conversions)
- Attention to detail essential
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to identify, reason, and problem-solve intermediate non-conformities and deviations
- Overtime and weekend hours, as needed
- Regularly required to stand; walk and sit.
- Frequently uses hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color evaluations, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.