Radiographic Technician II Job Highlights
|Radiographic Technician II
|Burbank, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Senior Aerospace SSP is the leader in innovative design and manufacturing methods in the area of complex aerospace systems.
The company is searching for a Radiographic Technician II who will analyze, interpret, and evaluate radiographs of materials, parts, welded parts, and welded parts for compliance with customer and company specifications and quality standards, and for developing techniques and standards.
- High School Degree or GED
- 3 years of related experience or training
- 40 hours of radiography class and radiation safety course
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accepts or rejects material in accordance with the governing specifications.
- Approves techniques and makes recommendations for higher-quality radiography.
- Determining if the x-ray is quality radiography.
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures.
- Interpret radiographs by:
- Performs rework, repair, and other operations with the work described.
- Recognizing the differences between film defects and material defects.
- Through the evaluation of defects in material and determining the usability of the same material.
- Trains others as needed as others such as level I and Trainee.
- When necessary, order supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must understand the use of check templates.
- Must understand the various types of welding and welding procedures.
- Must understand the inverse square law.
- Must have a rudimentary understanding of foundries and castings.
- Must have a brief understanding of the metallurgy of the materials being examined.
- Requires good working knowledge of all the specifications applicable to the jobs in the department.
- Must be able to discuss problems pertaining to radiography with customers.
- Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must obtain and maintain Radiographic Tech Level II Certification (I.A.W. AIA/ NAS 410).
- Must be able to qualify as a Film Processor and as a Technician B.
- Must be acquainted with the major components of an X-ray machine and their functions.
- Must possess documented education and experience necessary to maintain the level II Certification.
- Normally requires high school education with related technical courses.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys are in the form of raw stock and replacement parts, radiographic film, and various types of metal parts/assemblies.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
- The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, a matching 401k plan, and paid time off.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.