Website GLOVIS America
Rail Maintenance Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Rail Maintenance Welder|
|Location||Montgomery, AL, United States|
GLOVIS America is a third-party logistics provider and delivers products via truck, rail, or ocean vessel. The company makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality service for automotive, freight forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. It also caters to logistics strategies and processes by utilizing the latest information systems and advanced technologies.
The company is searching for a Rail Maintenance Welder who will complete basic maintenance on railcars to AAR standards.
Duties include preparing railcars for loading and unloading, inspection of rack structure and tie-down equipment, cleaning of railcar decks, lubrication of tie-down equipment and end doors, replacement of previously equipped door edge protection, and performing minor repairs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree is preferred
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Railcar maintenance experience is preferred
Ensure railcars are ready for loading and unloading-
- Ensure all chocks and Tie-Downs are in proper locations.
- Ensure all get involved in policing (picking-up) the work area
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Railcar’s interior.
- Ensure tracks are clear and free of loose trash and debris
- Inspect Railcars for defects and possible repairs needed.
- Must be able to work independently or alone at times.
- Must perform routine maintenance on regularly used tools and equipment.
Complete basic repairs as needed-
- Follow up with Supervisor that all work has been completed.
- Must be able to perform a visual inspection of railcar needs.
- Must maintain a diligent lookout for potential hazards that could cause damage.
Ensure all safety policy and procedures are performed-
- Must adhere to ALL Glovis America’s policy and Procedures.
- Must be able to recognize potentially hazardous conditions.
- Must have a working knowledge of the AAR (Association of American railroads) policies.
- Relay any Safety or Policy concerns to Supervisor and/or Department Manager.
Maintain all required training and certifications related to a position-
- Must be able to maintain any required certifications.
- Must be willing to obtain required certifications as required by Glovis America.
Other duties as assigned-
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to work independently and crew setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sit in front of a desk and/or in front of the computer for long periods
- Carry up to 60 lbs.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Repetitive use of hand/grasping product, writing, and typing
- Comfortable working at heights specifically climbing on/off railcars
- Communication with employees and field partners will be primarily conducted via phone and email.
- A typical outdoor environment with exposure to welding fumes, grinding debris, and blower dust
- 100% Company Paid Employee Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- 13 paid Company Holidays
- 40 Hours of Sick
- 401K w/ GENEROUS Match
- 80 Hours of Vacation
- Eligible for Auto Allowance of $125 per Month
- Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Annually
- Eligible for Wellness Reimbursement of up to $50.00 Per Month
- Eligible to Receive Referral Bonuses
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Team Wear Including Safety Shoes
- Weekly Perfect Attendance Award
- Years of Service Awards, Employee Assistance Program, Frequent Employee Appreciation Events
GLOVIS America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.