Website Trinity Industries
Railcar Repair Welder Job Highlights
|Railcar Repair Welder
|Jonesboro, AR, United States
Trinity Industries is North America’s premier provider of railcar products and services. The company provides products that are an integral part of the supply chain and help fuel the lives and economy.
The company is seeking a Railcar Repair Welder who will use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders and uses manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches using manual, automatic welding, or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Carbon Arc
- Follows all safety rules and practices
- Hand welds in all positions, grooves, and fillet
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- May conduct one or two NDE tests
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Observe all standard safety practices and maintain and complete all required records
- Performs repairs to subassemblies for the final product
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Be a resilient, and team-minded individual
- The company offers a benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Maternity/Parental Paid Leave, Health Savings Account with a Company Contribution, Health Care & Dependent Care FSA’s, 401(k) Plan with 6% Company Match, Professional Development, Recognition Incentives, and Service Awards.
Trinity Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit trinity.referrals.selectminds.com.