Website The Greenbrier Companies
Railcar Repairman (Welder) Job Highlights
|Title||Railcar Repairman (Welder)|
|Location||Omaha, NE, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is seeking a Railcar Repairman (Welder) who will be responsible for all aspects of railcar repair and maintenance.
The applicants must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA & AAR rules and keep good repair records.
Ensure all company guidelines are met and all safety rules are followed when performing duties.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Any other duties as assigned such special projects
- Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Ensure AAR, GRS, and customer quality assurance standards are met
- Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all GRS Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
- Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs; the focus is providing a complete, accurate, realistic, and timely repair to the customers.
- Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to independently establish work tasks in order to successfully meet expectations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel-toed boots, eye protection, earplugs, gloves, hot work PPE, and fall protection.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills
- Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Work in a hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
- Frequently exposed to heights that require the use of fall protection equipment.
- Hold clerical, administrative, and some management positions
- Required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate
- Work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid, and dusty conditions
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.