Range Mechanic Job Highlights
|Williamsburg, VA, United States
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is hiring a Range Mechanic who will conduct repairs on foreign and domestic vehicles with standard and manual transmissions and other assigned equipment.
The position must adhere to all Company policies and safety standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed/Certified Welder
- Availability for night and evening training exercises
- Licensed/certified counterbalance and rough terrain forklift operator
- Willingness to attain or possess ASE certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires multiple tasks at a given time rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal skills (written and verbal), analytical and communication
- Familiarization/experience with using welding as a repair for pieces of equipment such as plasma cutters, MIG welding, fabrications, and grinder
- Inspects, diagnoses, and isolates vehicle and equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots, traces, and locates defects or causes of mechanical problems to determine the type and extent of necessary repairs
- Repairs all assigned vehicles and equipment to ensure they are safe and dependable
- Repairs lighting systems, sirens, wheel bearings, radiators, heating and air-conditioning systems, springs, hydraulic systems, catalytic converters, and fuel pumps
- Other assigned duties
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. for material(s) movement
- Ability to operate a forklift, power tools, wrenches, diagnostic equipment, and jacks
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks
- Ability to reach technical manuals, references, and specifications
- Ability to write routine correspondences, maintenance logs, and order forms
- Availability to work an alternate work schedule (4-10-hour workdays)
- Availability to work overtime as requested by the customer
- Must possess an active government-issued clearance at the time of application
- Self-motivated, self-starter, independent worker
- US or Naturalized Citizen
- Valid Driver’s License
- The company offers a variety of benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.