Website Lincoln Electric
R&D Engineer (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||R&D Engineer (Welding)|
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is looking for an individual who can improve the capabilities and sales of high technology products by expanding the use of the Wave Designer application at both internal and external customers globally.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college/school.
- A degree in Welding Engineering is preferred.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Collaborates with international customers and internal engineers to develop the wave designer application and supporting templates in order to meet global development requirements
- Manages customer expectations and provides guidance to software application developers in order to improve capabilities while simultaneously protecting and growing Lincoln Electric’s intellectual property.
- Provides on-site customer support and conducts periodic customer training
- Requires a high amount of international travel
- Typically works with minimal direct supervision, conferring with R&D and SBU leaders as needed; has appreciable latitude for independent action or decision
- Utilizes and applies experience in a broad range of fields to understand welding machine development process and interactions between machine design and welding process development/optimization, providing the benefit of this understanding to increase the value proposition of high technology products.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint, as a minimum.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with numerical modeling tools including Matlab is a plus.
- Experience with Robotic Programming.
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various arc welding processes.
- Processes and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
Lincoln Electric is an EOE, including disability/veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.