Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Research/Development Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Research and Development Technician|
|Location||Grand Island, NE, United States|
|Company||AGI (Ag Growth International)|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is looking for an R&D Technician who will apply theory and principles of engineering to modify, develop, and test products coordinating with product engineers.
Plan, coordinate, and conduct research for the R&D center.
Other data collection, analysis, and technical duties as related to the research and development of company products.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (required)
- 1+ year of machine education: High School Diploma or GED (required)
- An Associate’s Degree in Agricultural Mechanics or similar field (preferred)
- Possess an experience with hand tools, lifting devices, field welding, cutting, press-braking, assembling/dissembling parts and assemblies, driving tractor/wagon combinations and construction equipment, and welding.
- Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Assist with the calculation of required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to product engineers for approval.
- Assist with data collection and analysis of data by statistical methods. Prepare technical reports.
- Assist with scheduled research and testing for all company products. Assist in experiments with product engineers.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures to ensure corrections are made.
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installation.
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing them with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Operate drill press, grinders, engine lathe, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test the nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify, and plan requirements for fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving product performance.
- Set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
- Work to evaluate findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment, or processes and develop applications to new uses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.