Website Commercial Metals Company
Rebar Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Knoxville, TN, United States|
|Company||Commercial Metals Company|
Commercial Metals Company is a Fortune 500 company. The company serves as the backbone for an incredible array of highways, structures, and other steel projects.
The company is seeking a Rebar Fabricator who will spend the day either in an office cubicle, operating a crane, or running the melt shop at one of the mills. The applicants will get the training and support from the team that they need to excel in their roles and reach their full potential.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in a heavy industrial environment
- Assist in loading fabricated rebar on trailers and unloading stock material from trailers
- Attend training regarding applicable equipment
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
- Mentor and train team members on proper equipment use
- Operate production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Operate rebar fabrication equipment, such as shears, benders, cranes, forklifts, threaders, forging, welders, etc.
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Serve as the leadman in his/her absence, as necessary
- Ability to operate fabrication machines in a safe manner without supervision
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic, pay attention to detail, and find root causes for issues
- Able and willing to cross-train as required
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work overtime as business requires
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal form, are necessary to be successful in this role
- Follow OSHA, EPA, and company safety policies, rules, and regulations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and steps, work outside under all weather conditions when needed
- Must be able to read technical documents and service manuals
- Must be able to work outside under all weather conditions including working in the heat and cold weather
- Must be able to work overtime, either planned or unplanned for emergency situations
- Must be able to write job instructional training documents
- Must possess the work ethic and ability to be punctual
- Possess a strong work ethic and practice safe working habits
- Possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the industrial field
- Advancement opportunities
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Company-paid life and disability
- Competitive compensation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
CMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmc.com.