Website AGI (Ag Growth International)
Red Seal Millwright Job Highlights
|Title||Red Seal Millwright|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Company||AGI (Ag Growth International)|
AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full equipment solutions and systems across 5 platforms i.e. grain, fertilizer, food, feed, and seed. The company’s specific systems are farm and commercial applications that include storage, handling, structural, processing, and controls. All are brought together with engineering and project management.
The company is seeking a Journeyman Millwright who will be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, replacing, installing, adjusting, maintaining, and documenting all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrically-operated plant equipment.
The Red Seal Millwright will report directly to the Facilities Manager and is part of a team of 11.
- Applicants require an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal endorsement
- Possess a minimum 1 year of manufacturing environment experience
- Adjust equipment for proper operating characteristics, i.e. clutch/brake systems.
- Advice immediately when shut down of equipment is required to minimize damage, or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect to employee or machine.
- Align shaft to shaft couplings.
- Assemble and align gears, bearings, and shafts involving the application of press, sliding, and running fits.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain, assemble, and lubricate mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
- Erect scaffolds and perform rigging as required.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment in an orderly manner.
- Make temporary or permanent repairs and perform machining or welding as required.
- Note and report defects in tools, materials, and equipment.
- Observe all safety rules, policies, and procedures and follow standard lockout procedures.
- Perform detailed major preventative maintenance and report all defects and the corresponding corrective action to be taken. This work will include looking for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Plan repair jobs, select tools, equipment, and material for the job, and determine the best way to make repairs.
- Receive instructions covering the scheduled preventative maintenance and planned or unplanned repairs, installation, and inspection work to be done.
- Troubleshoot machine problems and find the root cause and determine an appropriate corrective course of action and report to leadership.
- Work as part of a repair crew and is subject to call in for emergency breakdown.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment under minimal supervision
- Excellent industrial troubleshooting skills
- Excels at interpreting manuals, blueprints, schematics, written instructions, and maintaining logs
- Excels in locating, investigating, and diagnosing failures, irregularities, and malfunctions
- Proficient in continuous improvement and equipment reliability techniques
- The company offers competitive salaries, benefits packages, and employee share purchase plans.
AGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit agi.hiringplatform.com.