Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Refining Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, United States|
|Company||Marathon Petroleum Corporation|
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company. it operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
The company is looking for a candidate for the Inspection Group in the Maintenance Department to ensure the mechanical integrity of process equipment and piping, and work closely with the refinery’s areas and inspection teams. This position will report to the Maintenance Inspection Supervisor.
- The aspiring candidates should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a college, welding school, or tech center.
- Completed certifications in API 510 and API 570
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of inspection experience in Fixed Equipment, Reliability, or Maintenance.
- Develops and executes inspection plans/life cycle management for refining equipment based on service, design, condition, jurisdictional requirements, temporary repairs and equipment replacements, Turnaround (TAR) dates, and inspection history. Prioritizes and plans work within the respective assigned area team.
- Documents inspection records, findings, and recommendations in Marathon’s Inspection Data Management System (IDMS). Completes all required documentation and interprets and applies industry and Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practice (RAGAGEP) codes and specifications. Develops, revises, and maintains comprehensive inspection procedures, applicable guidelines, and work instructions.
- Generates inspection requirements for projects within assigned units or areas and coordinates inspection requirements for larger-scale projects in collaboration with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance, and Reliability departments. Coordinates services of contract inspectors/non-destructive examination technicians.
- Provides oversight for and facilitates assurance program by auditing site’s work in areas such as, but not limited to: DOT covered equipment, non-destructive examination (NDE), visual inspection, data lifecycle analysis of IDMS output, PMI, welding procedures, heat treatment, QA/QC required for projects, and equipment replacement.
- Reviews and applies Management of Change (MOC)requirements and ensures all Process Safety Management (PSM) elements are implemented.
- Understands critical process variables that affect equipment reliability, identifies gaps and leads gap closure effort. Generates and provides repair/upgrade/modification recommendations based on findings, options, and risk assessments in conjunction with management, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Completed ANST Level II (UTT, RTFI, MT, PT) certifications
- Completed API 653, 571, 580, and 581 certifications
- Completed SW/AWS certifications
- Completed bachelor’s or associate degree in Mechanical Technology, Corrosion Technology, Welding Technology, or Non-Destructive Technology (NDT)
- Experience with Corrosion Monitoring-related software
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a refinery inspector working with industry-related codes.
- Authorized to work in the US without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marathonpetroleum.com.