Website Matthews International
Refractory Mason Job Highlights
|Location||Apopka, FL, United States|
|Company||Matthews Environmental Solutions|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is looking to hire a Refractory Mason who will be responsible for installing refractory in customer equipment.
The bricklayer must maintain quality workmanship during the process to ensure that the job scope is completed.
The bricklayer must be able to work with the engineering, fabrication, electric/controls, administration departments to complete jobs in the field and the shop.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2+ years of previous masonry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adaptation of job site environment
- Demonstration of safe working practices and procedures
- Installation of ceramic fiber blankets and modules
- Installation of poured castables
- Lay firebrick and refractory supplies to build, rebuild, reline, or patch high-temperature or heating equipment, according to job orders and blueprints
- Laying of refractory brick
- Tearing out of refractory masonry
- Using and maintaining refractory tools and equipment
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to learn carpenter tasks such as cutting plywood to make parts to ship
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
Physical Aspects/Work Environment
- Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment may be high
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.