Website The Greenbrier Companies
Remote Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
|Company||The Greenbrier Companies|
The Greenbrier Companies is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and services.
The company is searching for a Remote Operator who will be responsible for the safe functioning of rigging and the application of straps and another rigging to loads or transportation by cranes, or other material handling equipment.
Directs crane operators. Operate overhead cranes to move materials and products throughout the plant.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Experience working in a shop around noise, dust, welding and exhaust fumes, and all types of weather.
- Previous experience with cab and bridge crane (or similar type) from heights of 30′ or more and a span of 60′ plus.
- Climb the vertical ladder (to 25′), inspect crane and cab, complete inspection forms, operate crane (4 hand levers, 1-foot brake), and fill orders for steel
- Procure and inspect rigging, attach rigging to load, check travel path, sound whistle, signal crane operator, guide load to destination, position load, detach rigging and return to the storage rack
- Will be using Rigger Operation Manual (must be on rigger at all times), referee whistle, chains, nylon slings, pallet lifters, magnets, vacuum lifters, Posi-Turner, spreader bar, softeners, tape measure, hammer, punches, pliers, crescent wrench, and paint stick marker.
- 401k Plan
- Discounts and Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Income Protection
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
The Greenbrier Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gbrx.com.