Website Transport for NSW
Remote Tradesperson Job Highlights
|Title||Remote Mechanical Tradesperson|
|Location||Tumut, New South Wales, Australia|
|Company||Transport for NSW|
Transport for NSW provides safe, integrated, and efficient transport systems. It works across planning, policy, and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions. It is a government organisation leading the group of transport agencies and divisions that keep NSW moving.
The company is searching for a Remote Mechanical Tradesperson to join its team.
- The applicants must have a White card and trade qualifications as an Automotive Vehicle Mechanic with high exposure to Heavy Vehicles.
- The candidates should have an experience in welding/metal fabrication, or a plant/heavy vehicle mechanic background (highly regarded)
- Completion of work in a variety of environments including workshop and onsite high traffic locations.
- Duties involving installation, maintenance, repairs, fabrication, commissioning, and modification of complex machinery driven by hydraulic/pneumatic principles.
- Fabrication and welding tasks for the repair and manufacturing of items such as sign brackets, mudguards, trailer repairs, and formwork.
- The use of laptops, tablets, and other computer-related items for all record-keeping and compliance.
- You will be required and willing to work outside regular working hours if required, as directed by your manager (night work/weekends)
- You will complete diagnostic and fault-finding tasks to identify and fix mechanical issues across the fleet.
- Ability to identify, communicate and report environmental hazards in the workplace
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
- Possess good problem-solving skills, fault diagnosis skills
- Understand the quality requirements of the tasks to be performed
- Career progression opportunities encouraged
- Maternity, paternity, and adoption leave available
- Rewarding and inclusive team environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.transport.nsw.gov.au.