Repair Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is looking for a Repair Engineer who will help to take the workshop to the next level.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline (Engineering preferred) or closely related field from a college/university or equivalent work-related experience (required)
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a closely related job/industry (preferred)
- Analyses inspection results and works with internal personnel and resources to disposition and create the scope of supply required to repair equipment.
- As applicable, prepares and coordinate all inbound/outbound shipping-related tasks required for the final transportation of repairs or parts to ensure compliance with customer commitments. This would include all shipping, import, and export documentation as required.
- Under the supervision of the SCM or Customer Service Manager complete disassembly, inspection, repair, and assembly work instruction packages that include: work order generation complying with internal procedures, policies, inspection documentation, etc.
- Under the supervision of the SCM or Customer Service Manager create and/or review drawings per internal procedures and ISO standards
- Under the supervision of the SCM or Customer Service Manager plans and generates Repair Proposals including labor hours, purchase requirements, work instructions, and total cost.
- Under the supervision of the Service Center Manager or Customer Service Manager, procures all required materials, services, and equipment used in repair jobs for the service center. Expedites parts and materials from suppliers to ensure delivery commitments are met.
- Ability to proactively organize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- A basic understanding of ISO, QMS, ESH, and ASME (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (required)
- SAP knowledge (preferred)
- Preferred knowledge of API standards, welding properties and procedures, pump failure analysis, single/multi, and horizontal/vertical pumps
- 15 days of paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
- 401k plan with a 6% match
- Comprehensive health plan including medical, dental, vision, Life, short-term/long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym reimbursement
- Health savings account matching
- Motivating wellness program
- Paid paternal leave
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.