Repair Station Welder Job Highlights
|Repair Station Welder
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Beltsville, MD, United States
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is looking for a Repair Station Welder to join its team.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of TIG welding experience with Inconel or Stainless Steel alloys
- Minimum of 1 year of aerospace welding experience
- Ability to perform testing of components using high air pressure or water under pressure per safety operation procedures
- Certify in Tig welding, Seam Welding, or Laser welding.
- Effectively communicate with customers and auditors as needed.
- Ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
- Evaluate, disassemble, inspect, disposition, and reassemble customer field returns in accordance with component overhaul manuals or other approved technical documents. Perform all tasks to the FAA, EASA, and CAAC-approved procedures.
- Expected to work in accordance with general safety rules and practices, train other technicians as required, participate in continuous improvement of processes, keep work area clean and free from hazards following 5S+ guidelines.
- Fabricate details for tubes, hoses, or duct assemblies by scribing, cutting, grinding, and fitting to tight tolerances
- Must be a team player and be able to multi-task.
- Operate manual lathes, and drill press to perform a sequence of precision operations such as machining on a variety of metal components
- Perform various repair operations such as polishing, grinding, sandblasting, cleaning, and spray coating to specifications.
- Possess a clear understanding of all FAA, EASA, and CAAC-approved procedures. Maintain a current knowledge of all requirements.
- Prepare a concise and accurate documentation package for every repaired or overhauled unit
- Read blueprints and in accordance with standard shop practices
- Responsible for finished parts conformity to procedure, print, or specification.
- Weld using GTAW on Inconel and Stainless-Steel alloys having a thickness range of .020” to .112” per AWS D17.1. Certify in Tig welding, Seam Welding, or Laser welding and Brazing
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor, which could include receiving/shipping, final test, and non-destructive testing.
- 2 years of mechanical or aircraft engine accessory experience or Aircraft and Power Plant Mechanics license
- 5 years of Aerospace GTAW weld experience with Inconel, Stainless Steel, and Titanium alloys
- Associate or Technical degree in machining/maintenance from an accredited institution
- ERP experience (MFG Pro)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Understand CMMs, S/Bs, engineering drawings, and repair sketches.
- Ability to certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, or Laser Welding
- Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions
- Excellent metal fitting and fabrication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to pass vision test annually
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours a day
- Must have use of both hands
- Participation in DOT random drug and alcohol testing program for safety-sensitive work.
- Requires advanced shop math and use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges
- Requires exposure to oil, dust, dirt, and heat.
- Requires wearing PPE including the apron, safety glasses, and hearing protection
- Requires a thorough understanding of visual weld inspection methods including the use of instruments to aid in the inspection process
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
- Donation Matching
- Flexible Work Options
- Healthcare/Retirement Savings Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Programs and Resources
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all applicants regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit eaton.eightfold.ai.