Website General Motors
Researcher (Laser Welding Simulation) Job Highlights
|Title||Researcher – Laser Welding Simulation|
|Location||Warren, MI, United State|
General Motors’ vision is to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. We embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all. The company specializes in engineering, cars, trucks, vehicles, manufacturing, automotive, transportation, information technology, and electrification.
The company is seeking a Researcher (Laser Welding Simulation) to join its team.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics Modeling, or related field (from a college/university) with demonstrated research capability
- Hands-on laser welding experience
- Communicate ideas, plans, and results efficiently via presentations and written reports
- Develop and implement technical plans, including concept generation, development, and evaluation
- Lead technical discussions and reviews as the resident expert
- Maintain innovative knowledge in related areas of focus
- Manage project timing, budget, and deliverables to implement on time and support production
- Research, develop, and adapt advanced multi-physics welding models to guide parameter selection and process development for motor manufacturing and additive manufacturing processes
- Work optimally with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills for both internal and external GM customers
- Knowledge of metallurgical joining techniques and characterization
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with multi-physics modeling and joint characterization data
Credible Things to Have
- Knowledgeable of additive manufacturing processes
- Experience with laser welding of copper conductors
- Knowledgeable of motor design and manufacturing
- Company and matching contributions to 401(k) savings plan to help you save for retirement
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family, and friends
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values
- Healthcare (including a triple tax-advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision, and life insurance plans to cover you and your family
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing
General Motors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit search-careers.gm.com.