Website Cajun Industries
Rigger Job Highlights
|Location||Port Sulphur, LA, United States|
Cajun Industries provides engineering and construction services. The company offers building construction, structural concrete, prefabrication, piping fabrication, scheduling, plant relocation, site development, and design.
The company is seeking a Rigger who must have knowledge of complex rigging, heavy rigging, change crane boom and cable, electrical safety, ladder, and scaffold safety, introduction to lifting machinery, wire rope basics, basic rigging, fire prevention, sizing of chokers, load charts, cutting torches, and basic knowledge of blueprint reading.
Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work-related tools and equipment.
Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction job site setting.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Obtain a certification from a nationally recognized organization such as, but not limited to NCCER (highly recommended)
- Load, transport, unload, and assist in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to the weight and size of the load to be moved
- Perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure the safety of workers and materials
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Decision-making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervision
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work or safety policy
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Hand/eye coordination
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rocks, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing/pulling, or standing and lifting
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry, or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
Cajun Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-cajunusa.icims.com.