Website Blue Origin
Robot Operator II (Weekend Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Robot Operator II (Weekend Shift)|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available. Join our team to build a road to space – step by step ferociously.
The company is looking for a Robot Operator II who can apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
Passion for our mission and vision is required.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 5+ years of direct experience working with robots or lasers.
- Process and design with engineers to characterize, improve, and document manufacturing processes and the resulting hardware quality
- Program and operate robotic laser processing machines to produce high-value aerospace components for various spaceflight systems
- Programming with Mastercam/Robot Master software
- Provide manufacturing feedback to design engineers
- Provide process improvement feedback to process engineers
- Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Robotic (Kuka) system programming
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to set up and precisely position large scale hardware
- Knowledge of laser safety practices
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill)
- Crane operator/lift coordinator experience
- Kuka robotic language (KRL) online programming
- Robotmaster offline CAM programming
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.