Website Lincoln Electric
Robot Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Chattanooga, TN, United States|
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
Tenessee Rand, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a full-service automation integrator. It provides engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
The company is looking for a Robot Technician who will work as a team member for automation integration.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma, GED, Vocational High School or Technical College, or equivalent experience.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of workable experience as Robot Technicians.
- Advance MIG and spot-welding capabilities. (Aluminum, copper, stainless, and heavy welding, etc.)
- Advance understanding in material handling on at least 2 major robot groups. (Motoman, ABB, and Fanuc.)
- Capable of offline programming using (CIM Station, Fanuc Weld Pro, MotoSim, and Robot Studio verified by the Manufacturing Manager.)
- Capable of setting up and testing Safety Functions. (DCS safety zones, RT, and FSU boards)
- Capable of supervising a crew over multiple jobs in different locations.
- Capable of using servo float commands, job shifting, and offset programming
- Capable programming Laser systems and adding new styles to robot laser systems and fixed mounted Trump lasers.
- Capable of using 2D and 3D vision, seam tracking, touch sensing, part tracking, palletizing, and coordinated motion. (iRVision, Cognex, Palletizing software, and TAST Commands)
- Customer service contact for Tennessee Rand and Lincoln Electric for robotic and welding questions.
- Detailed Project Management capabilities with customers and TR Management.
- Intermediate electrical troubleshooting for cells and tooling.
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC programming capable of making small changes in the field on phone with controls department. (upload/download programs, adjust safety scanners, and make approved changes to safety PLC.)
- Maintain a skills inventory score indicative of a level III or higher technician
- Programming robots with Fixed mounted TCP used in deburring and sanding processes.
- Resource contacts from Fanuc, Motoman, ABB, Lincoln, Miller, Fronius, SKS, and Panasonic service group and capabilities to follow troubleshooting procedures and protocol to fix issues abroad.
- Robot Technician I, Robot Technician II, Robot Technician III, Robot Technician IV, and Robot Technician V prerequisite you are considered to advance to Integration Project Lead.
- Willing to travel 40% of the time to customer sites.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3 of 4 major robot welder combinations. (Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, and Panasonic robots. Lincoln, Miller, Fronius, and SKS welders.)
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Required frequently to work from ladders and scaffolds.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Lincoln Electric is an EOE, including disabled and veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.