Robotic Arc Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Arc Welding Technician|
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
EWI is the leading engineering and technology organization in North America dedicated to developing, testing, and implementing advanced manufacturing. The company is a world leader in developing and deploying new technologies that enable companies to bridge the gap between R&D and manufacturing implementation.
The company is seeking a Robotic Arc Welding Technician who will support research and development projects that focus on arc welding processes.
They work with EWI’s state-of-the-art industrial arc welding/DED robots and world-class engineers to execute project work and tasks for customers that relate to advanced arc welding and arc DED additive manufacturing (AM).
They also provide manual welding expertise where needed and cross-train in other lab-related areas where possible.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate’s or technology degree in a relevant area of study is considered favorable
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of experience working with robotic arc welding equipment
- 5 or more years of experience applying expertise in manual welding processes (GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW)
- Completion of a formal robotic training program and welder training program
- Achieve and strive for the highest quality standards in work
- Achieve established work-area cleanliness standards and maintain a high degree of organization in the work area(s); follow and support 5S program efforts
- Apply knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the execution of tasks/duties related to robotic arc welding equipment, programming of mechanized equipment, and manual welding processes
- Assemble or otherwise produce designed tools, fixtures, and enhancements
- Continuously develop and apply a depth of knowledge in automated arc welding processes
- Continuously meet and occasionally exceed (where necessary) production schedules and customer expectations and needs
- Maintain accurate and legible records of project work and test results
- Occasionally interact directly with customers through demonstrations, presentations, or clarifying reports as they relate to assigned projects. May also travel to client locations when appropriate
- Perform tasks in support of application development and research projects
- Perform work in a safe manner and adhere to safety programs, processes, and procedures set forth for the specific process and for company safety programs
- Prepare, program, and operate industrial robots and set up equipment and/or components to the exact specifications of project requirements and/or customer’s needs
- Support engineers and project managers in project planning processes by identifying and estimating level-of-effort required for proposed projects
- Support equipment preventative maintenance schedule and calibration efforts as needed
- Train more junior technicians or engineers where applicable
- Utilize and effectively program CAD tools (or other skills) to create prototype tools required for project completion
- Ability to use CAD software to develop basic drawings
- Ability to work well with ever-changing priorities and/or situations
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of and experience with electrical controls, preferably related to modern machine tools (inputs, outputs, custom M-codes, ladder logic, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedures for and perform manual welding operations including GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, and SMAW
- Demonstrated ability to develop welding procedures for common robotic arc welding processes including GMAW and FCAW
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, program, and operate industrial robotic welding systems. EWI’s systems include ABB, Cloos, Fanuc, Motoman, and OTC Daihen in configurations ranging from 6- to 14-axes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exhibit and maintain a positive, solutions-oriented attitude toward work and co-workers
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in assigned tasks on a consistent basis
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Robotic offline programming experience is considered favorable
- Team-oriented attitude and focus with a strong ability to collaborate with others
- Working knowledge of other arc welding processes including SAW and PAW
- Frequently move, transport, rotate, reach, pull, twist, adjust position, push, stoop, bend, and crouch
- Laboratory/light production floor with ventilation, climate-control system, moderate lighting, and moderate noise level
- Lift ten to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and 40 to 80 pounds occasionally
- Use finger dexterity to type, adjust, move, handle, perform, operate, install, attach, remove, apply, grasp, manipulate, and measure
EWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Male/Female, Disability, and Protected Veteran Status.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.