Website Hubbell Incorporated
Robotic Technical Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Technical Specialist|
|Location||Leeds, AL, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is hiring a Robotic Technical Specialist who will provide program development and fixture/tooling design for various casting, metal fabrication, and welding applications.
Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost.
The processes will include, but not be limited to, the following areas robotic grinding, robotic welding, CNC robotic grinding, and CNC part loading.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in Robotics, Automation, or equivalent experience from a college/university
- 3D Modeling (Inventor preferred)
- Fanuc Robotics Programming (required)
- Fanuc CNC Programming (preferred but not required)
- ABB Robotic Programming (preferred but not required)
- Possess a minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or process engineering floor-support role
- Experience with the maintenance of robotic equipment
- 3D Printing experience
- Fixture/part holding design experience
- Continuous improvement and lean experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation as process changes dictate.
- Design fixtures and tooling necessary to hold and pick materials for loading, grinding, and welding operations.
- Develop programs to move, position, and process parts within the robot cells.
- Develop, implement, and manage scrap reduction initiatives.
- Examines materials and products at various stages of processing to ensure they conform to specifications.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends at national and international levels in manufacturing trends and technology.
- Observes machines and equipment for malfunction and work in tandem with the maintenance team to troubleshoot issues.
- Perform studies to optimize process times and reduce waste in robotic cell operation.
- Through the use of lean engineering tools, design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Knowledge of foundry castings, grinding, welding, and fabrication
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.