Robotic Weld Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Weld Technician|
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Murfreesboro, TN, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services is used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is looking to hire a Robotic Weld Technician who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the automated FEL welding machine and necessary supporting equipment.
Must possess a general aptitude towards computer and mechanical devices and be able to perform troubleshooting as needed to ensure continuous production.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 1 year of welding experience (required)
- Prior manufacturing experience (a plus)
- Previous automated equipment operation or working in an automated environment (a plus)
- Significant hands-on experience working on a production floor, and significant welding experience (a plus)
- Have a background in operating automated equipment and assisting with troubleshooting.
- Assist with period and preventative maintenance as needed to ensure continuous operation of equipment.
- Be able to critically think and solve problems, having a detail-oriented outlook to follow complex instructions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Follows production schedule and loads material/parts to cell via forklift, moves jobs to next operation after final inspection
- May perform manual welding tasks to meet daily production requirements as needed
- Perform first piece and last piece inspection based on specifications using measuring devices and standard visual inspection techniques, specific to weld quality
- Performs minor welding functions as necessary (tie-ins, non-accessible welds, or secondary welding operations that are necessary outside the fixtures)
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Able to diagnose base-level issues and when needed, reset and restart the equipment.
- Able to read and follow technical drawings, including interpreting weld symbols, and diagrammed instructions.
- Assist other operators or maintenance personnel with troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Assist with process development and improvement.
- Communicate machine downtime, shortages, scrap, and delays in real-time to supervisors
- Competent in fine-tuning software and carrying out the metrics and mathematical conversions required to obtain desired and specified final product quality.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Significant knowledge of automated machine operation and maintenance.
- Solid computer skills.
- Train new employees in machine operation.
- Use a computer to enter production data and print identification tags for parts
- Verify machine settings and program control data for accuracy.
- Able to perform physically demanding work, standing, bending, and lifting 25 lbs. regularly.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.