Robotic Welder – 3rd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Welder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Hamilton, OH, United States|
Thyssenkrupp AG manufactures industrial components. The company produces flat-rolled and cast steel, automobile parts, elevators and escalators, machine tools, bearings, nonferrous metals, and plastics. Thyssenkrupp develops and manages real estate as well as designs and constructs factories.
Thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America is a world-class manufacturer of suspension solutions and supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for using robotic and straight welders to build component parts to company specifications and customer expectations consistent with Bilstein’s quality and productivity standards.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using basic hand tools and measuring devices such as calipers and working with any/all specified tolerances.
- Experience reading a decimal chart and simple/complex drawings to verify product identification and requirements.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Connects cables from the welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician.
- Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Identifies proper symmetry and makes adjustments to fixtures as needed.
- Identifies proper welds and makes repairs to broken or cracked parts.
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE, and encouraging others to do the same.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders on turret and cross slide.
- Positions and secures workpiece in a chuck or to the faceplate.
- Preheats workpiece with a hand torch or heating furnace.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Starts power supply to produce an electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of the workpiece.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to identify incomplete weld penetrations and lack of fusion on welds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, commitment, and quality-focused
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts)
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The position is required to be able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
- The position is required to be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods
- The position is required to read and understand blueprints and work instructions
- Possesses a logical method of problem-solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with strong attention to detail and quality
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Creative leeway
- Health and Safety
- Vacation and Paid Time off
- Work-Life Balance
Thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, and veteran status, or any other protected status required by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thyssenkrupp.com.