Website Stanley Black & Decker
Robotic Welder – Apprentice Job Highlights
|Robotic Welder – Apprentice
|Akron, OH, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is seeking a Robotic Welder who will be responsible to operate and maintain welding tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
Required to operate a robot, perform all position welding, and operate all hand and air tools as needed.
The Robotic Welder must have excellent troubleshooting skills in order to fix any robot crash quickly, determine the root cause of any robot issue in order to keep it running.
Note: Robotic Welder will work under the direction of the Group Leader and Senior Team Leader.
- The applicants should have a High School diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have generally 4 to 5 years of experience as a Welder.
- Demonstrated understanding of all functions of the ABB IRC5 controller.
- Adhere to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC) metrics.
- As required, repair products by dismantling, straightening, re-shaping, and assembling parts using oxyfuel torch, plasmas, air arch, and various other hand tools. If using a robot, must have the ability to program weldments and movements to achieve a quality product.
- Assist with changeover of equipment, components, parts, or tooling.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure position for welding.
- Complete basic maintenance on welding equipment. Record robotic downtime, labor, and job data accurately. Use Product Control Analysis Boards (PCAB)
- Demonstrated ability to update Rev Counters on all axis of robot and positioner.
- Fluent with all functions of the WCC (logging onto Robot Studio and Wolfware).
- Follow company safety practices and procedures to provide a safe work environment for all team members.
- Maintain equipment and perform assigned preventive maintenance in order to ensure that machines produce quality parts.
- Mobility to move within department/plant as assigned.
- Must display proficiency in all duties and responsibilities of the welder position.
- Operate welding robot per authorized instruction. Charged with the responsibility of defining obstacles and aiding in creating solutions concerning safety, identifying safety hazards, and suggesting corrective actions.
- Perform all 5S duties.
- Perform all welding positions and types of welding. Layout, fit, and welds fabricated, cast, forged, and machined components to assemble a wide variety of complex structural forms and other various components per blueprint specifications and knowledge of welding and metallurgy. Must demonstrate the ability to do so repeatedly without the use of fixturing.
- Set up gas-shield MIG-welder and weld component parts to blueprint specifications.
- Share knowledge and experience of welding techniques for on-the-job training of new or less experienced welders.
- Successfully complete IRC5 basic programming and demonstrate learned techniques (basic weld cell operation)
- Understand and execute, if necessary, inventory paperwork and computer transactions.
- Use advanced knowledge of blueprints and welding symbols to complete job assignments.
- Works closely with product engineers to develop new and revise old product lines; discover and correct errors by assisting leadership with appropriate documentation.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering on any weld changes. Is responsible for any Robot Programming resulting from Engineering Changes or New Product Launches.
- Perform all other duties, as required, to meet customer and company quality and productivity needs.
- Ability to lay out and assemble parts with or without fixturing.
- Ability to read and understand work order routings and instructions.
- Able to use an oxygen/acetylene cutting torch.
- Advanced knowledge of blueprints and welding symbols.
- Good mathematical skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have demonstrated skill level of wire feed (M.I.G.) welding.
- Must have passed a welder certification test.
- Duties may be performed in a work environment with seasonal temperatures of high heat and/or humidity.
- General plant; safety shoes, safety glasses required.
- Position requires good manual dexterity, standing a majority of shift, mobility to move within department/plant as assigned.
- Ability to perform tasks at a standard rate.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques, carrying and moving parts, materials, and products.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear, use hands and/or fingers to handle, touch objects, assemble parts, utilize tools or controls
- Must have hand and foot coordination to control and adjust equipment or tools.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The company offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, and paid holidays.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.