Robotic Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Welding Engineer|
|Location||Highland Park, MI, United States|
Faurecia is one of the global automotive suppliers. The company’s mission is to develop technologies for Sustainable Mobility and to create personalized experiences for the Cockpit of the Future. It also offers solutions to meet the challenges of future generations in line with our Convictions.
The company is looking for a Robotic Welding Engineer who will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support to assigned UAP (Autonomous Production Unit) and continuous improvement efforts.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a university or college in the U.S.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in welding operations or a combination of a minimum of 5 years of formal metallurgical education and welding experience.
- Experience in production in an industrial environment
- 5-S of plant
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.
- Complete all other duties and tasks as assigned by management
- Contribute to the company continuous improvement efforts through value analysis, maintaining up to date knowledge of manufacturing/tooling techniques, and developing process improvement opportunities
- Coordinate with Maintenance to minimize down-time
- Develop and implement schedules for each welding project
- Develop plans according to customer’s requirements using value analysis and other applicable techniques
- Develops plans for new products including manufacturing technologies and available alternatives, floor plans, investment requirements, and routing
- Ensure safety and quality standards are met throughout the plant
- Follow all safety procedures
- Implement quality and safety changes as required or seen
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Maintain PFMEA and all downstream documents for minor changes
- Participate in Hoshin and Continuous Improvement Events as assigned by management. Participate in and promote the goals of the Ideas Improvement Program
- Parts drawing maintenance
- Prepare and analyze month-end reporting with corrective action plans
- Provide data to CAT Team activities
- Provide input into EO meetings
- Provide input into PFMEA generation for new programs
- Provide justification for weld standards changes and implement standard settings for all welding applications including final WI, maintenance troubleshooting guides, weld parameter sheets on the lines, etc.
- Provide a justification of major purchases for Core Group to manager
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to UAP’s and continuous improvement efforts. Become a manufacturing engineering expert in welding processes.
- Responsible for final approval and turnover of projects to manufacturing/production
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of new products and/or changes to the welding process
- Stay informed of environmental aspects, follow procedures and work to eliminate or reduce the FMEA ratings as relates to the position and/or department
- Stay informed of quality issues and opportunities as relates to position and/or department. Follow procedures and corrective action assignments as required to eliminate or reduce PPM’s and RPPM’s
- Capable of making correct decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent Computer skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of metallurgy and manufacturing technologies including metal stamping, tooling, welding, assembly techniques, FMEA, machine design and capability studies, control systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Show good judgment in technical and non-technical areas
Secure internal control with the support of financial controller and finance network
Abide by the Faurecia Code of Ethics. The code is summarized as below-
- Development of economic and social dialogue
- Development of skills
- Ethics and business conduct
- Respect for fundamental rights
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.faurecia.com.