Robotic Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Robotic Welding Technician|
|Location||Worcester, MA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure Division is currently seeking a Robotic Welding Technician who will perform complex/prolific setup and operation of multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet customer demands.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of working experience in fabrication or machine operation.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- Check completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and make necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Edit and debug CNC and Hurco programs, change over die sets. Adjust machinery, stop gauges and Hurco devices and maintain necessary records for all operations.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Monitor equipment conditions and perform basic preventative maintenance.
- Perform simple to moderate MIG welding operations.
- Use a measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling)
- Welding Certification
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
- Ability to read and follow standard work
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions
- Adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows-based operating systems and programs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting required
- Knowledge of basic shop math
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels
- Must be able to lift parts up to 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.