Robotics and Automation Operations Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Robotics and Automation Operations Manager|
|Location||Austell, GA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for an individual who will lead the company’s integration, service, and associate training activities including special projects related to the continued development of the Weld Automation and Cobotic/Robotic product offerings.
- The applicants should have a post-secondary education equivalent to a College Degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
2 years of experience in welding, service, manufacturing, or other related fields
3 years of operational or supervisory experience with direct reports
Job experience in a similar role of four years or greater with increasing responsibilities and/or certifications of professional development in lieu of educational requirements.
- Project Management
- TQM, Lean, or Six Sigma
Experience working with mechanical and electrical equipment including personnel
Welding training and/or certification desired
- American Weld Society – CWSR
- American Weld Society – CWS
- American Weld Society – CWE
- American Weld Society – CWI
Oversees by monitoring, providing guidance, and safely manages
- Assembly operation
- Automation Technicians
- Inventory, including the decision-making process for scrap purposes
- Operational directives
- Operations Team
- Order entry into ERP
Organize and coordinates
- Scheduling of demonstrations, installations, and the decommissioning of equipment
- Supplier invoices to regional companies
Assists with the development of standard operating procedures within the product offering
- Assembly and inventory management
- Equipment preventative maintenance
- Shipping, handling, and receiving safely and efficiently
Assists team with the following
- New product development
- Sharing of best practices with both internal and external customers
Coordinates training for specialists, sales, and technicians
- Cobotic product lines
- OEM manufacturers
Compliance with the following
- All governmental regulatory requirements
- SOX requirements
Performs other related duties as required
- Attracts Top Talent: Understands the importance of and has the ability to attract and select the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Action Orientation: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Change Agent: Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Building Effective Team: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Decision Quality: Ability to make sound decisions in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Develops Talent: Ability to develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Financial Acumen: Interprets and applies understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its goals and objectives.
- Influencing/Negotiation: Uses persuasion to gain the support and cooperation from stakeholders, directors & above, peers, associates, and/or others to achieve the desired course of action consistent with the strategic goals and objectives set for the business.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people.
- Leveraging Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the business.
- Manages Complexity/Problem Analysis: Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Gathers and analyzes information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Manages Performance: Ensures that the work of those under their supervision supports and furthers the goals and objectives of the business. Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. Instill accountability and give guidance, learning opportunities, and exposure.
- Managing Conflict: Builds strong team and customer relationships in the face of challenging situations all while delivering customer/employee-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Persuades: Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Project Management: The discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project. Knows and applies the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous Improvement
- Safety/Personal Ownership: Protect own health and safety as well as that of others report unsafe situations and make others aware of possible risks take into account safety in daily work. Ensuring personal and associate commitment and compliance with safety standards and guidelines set.
- Situational Adaptability: Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Tech Savvy: Keeps up to date on technological developments and makes effective use of technology to achieve results.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to develop and execute market/business plans.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups in a business setting
- Ability to interpret and apply appropriate laws and regulations.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to understand the impact of new technologies on processes and costs.
- Ability to use computer equipment
- Ability to work as a team in the conception and review stages of a project.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meets deadlines, and creatively solve problems.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to manage multiple priorities between divisional, local and corporate management and demands.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in writing, in one on one or group situations, over the telephone, and via email.
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Employ financial acumen in pursuit of business strategy and overall business goals.
- Intermediate computer experience with all MS Office products
- Must be able to proactively and methodically deal with conflicting goals and challenging situations
- Must have excellent technical knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong “customer service” mindset with an affinity for a ‘follow-up/follow-through’ management style and proactive communicator keeping supervisors, other leaders, and their respective teams updated.
- Analyze information and/or problems to define objectives, concerns, patterns, and formulate conclusions
- Complete heavy workload within established time frames
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Exercise independent judgment
- Follow oral or written directions, safety and security rules
- Interact professionally with coworkers and clients
- Maintain and organize documents/files
- Organize information/people/material in a systematic way to increase efficiency
- Perform a variety of duties, often switching between tasks
- Perform job tasks despite distractions/interruptions
- Prioritize work assignments and efficiently use time
- Quickly process information
- Recognize emergency situation and take appropriate action
- Controlled climate while working indoors
- Dust and Fumes
- Heat, cold, humidity, or precipitation while working outside
- Occasionally slippery floors
- Uneven/incline/slippery surfaces to stand and/or walk on
- Vibration while riding trucks or using tools, such as air guns
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.