Robotics Engineer (Fremont Factory) Job Highlights
|Title||Robotics Engineer – Fremont Factory|
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is seeking a Robotics Engineer who will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications used in Manufacturing, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations), and process optimization, upgrades, and modifications.
Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering from a college/university or equivalent experience.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of extensive experience in Robotic programming and applications.
- Advanced robot programming including DCS, Kuka Safe.
- Creating simulations and offline programs with Process Simulate.
- Develop custom robot application code to interface with new technologies.
- Develop procedures and maintain proper documentation related to robotics systems.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Responsibility for designing/selecting robotic systems.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Excellent robotic high level and background programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA, ABB, or equivalent brands.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is a plus.
- Experience in robotics applications such as Spot Weld, Stud Weld, Adhesive, Self Piercing Rivet, Vision, Arc Weld, Roll hemming.
- Experience with Robot simulation packages as well as offline programming using Robcad, Delmia 3DX, or Process Simulate (preferred).
- Good overall people management skills.
- Hands-on experience commissioning and programming industrial robots
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, HTML, ROS
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in CAD.
- Robotic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Virtual commissioning experience of a robotics system is a plus.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.