Robotics Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Angola, IN, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Robotics Technician who will support new and existing Robotic applications.
To help improve total labor efficiency in the manufacturing departments by improving robotic processes and solving problems that impact safety, quality, and cost.
Work with the Tenneco Engineering and Maintenance teams to develop standard procedures for operation and TPM and teach manufacturing personnel proper set-up and operating methods where applicable.
Assist in the implementation of new product releases and changes to existing products.
Act as liaison between manufacturing and engineering for development and execution of projects.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification from an Industrial Robotic program (preferred)
- Fanuc, robot training (preferred)
- 5-10 years of process manufacturing (preferred)
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure a safe, team-oriented environment which includes ongoing safety and ergonomic reviews.
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively identify and help diagnose production tooling and equipment problems on automated equipment, correct problems, and improve manufacturing.
- Must be willing to assist in other areas of support when requested.
- Must perform his/her job with acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Shall assist in technical training of manufacturing team members.
- Shall perform tooling set-up and adjustment of production equipment to meet blueprint specifications.
- Shall provide support to manufacturing to optimize processes and correct problems with robotic machines, tooling, etc. maintaining a priority of safety, quality, and productivity.
- Shall record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and using facts and data, provide recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Shall set up and conduct quality tests under operational conditions to investigate design feasibility for new design proposals, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Will actively participate with NPIS teams to evaluate and provide input for assembly, tooling, and equipment prints for existing and new program changes; especially where there is automation.
- Will assist in all phases of new product launches and adhere to NPIS guidelines.
- A functional understanding of ANSI Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing would significantly benefit the candidate’s ability to be effective and efficient.
- Ability to apply and understand precision measuring instruments, tooling, and machinery.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of MIG welding processes and weld terminology and symbology.
- IATF-16949 and ISO 2001 familiarity including an understanding of APQP and PPAP is required. Must possess or will be required to develop a good understanding of the Tenneco Quality System and IATF-16949 and ISO 2001 regulations.
- Must acquire forklift certification.
- Must be able to work independently but perform effectively and sometimes serve as a leader in a team environment and have the ability to lead teams.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Previous experience in maintenance or technical training is preferred.
- Required excellent knowledge of blueprint reading and ability to diagram/draft parts as necessary.
- Requires basic PC skills – word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Working knowledge of the SAP product is preferable.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work traditional or split shifts.
- Excellent attendance.
- Good work ethic.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be prompt in reaching the assigned work area at the start of the shift and at the end of each break.
- Regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- LOTO policies must always be followed.
- May encounter extreme heat, fumes, odors, dust, noise, and moving objects.
- May encounter the risk of shock and vibration.
- Be flexible in working traditional and non-traditional work hours, as required.
- May encounter work in an area with live energy to the robot while making changes to the robot program and running the robot through its motions.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Requires hearing protection, eye protection, steel-toed shoes, gloves, etc.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.