Website Relativity Space
Robotics Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Robotics Welding Technician|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is seeking a Robotics Welding Technician for providing assistance to our Additive team by operating our large-scale printers and further developing the technology.
- The prospective applicants may be required a Welding Technician Diploma from a college, trade center, welding school, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of welding industry experience
- Arc welding experience with aluminum
- Experience in operating mechanized or robotic welding equipment.
- Experience welding aluminum with the GMAW process
- Experience with additive manufacturing software packages
- Experience with arc additive processes
- Familiar working with x-ray technicians and other NDT personnel
- Can make recommendations on general part design based on limitations of the process
- Collaborate with other technicians and engineers to develop welding parameters that meet part requirements.
- Demonstrated both hands-on and theoretical understanding of the arc welding process to produce high-quality welds.
- Develop new additive manufacturing procedures on a variety of flight components, assist in optimizing and automating our processes, and come up with new and innovative ways to join materials.
- Diagnose weld defects and suggest corrective actions, both in repair and process optimization.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including suggesting appropriate modifications to welding equipment to improve the process
- Finish parts with various hand tools
- Fit, form parts, and clean parts as required and set up welding equipment in preparation for welding
- Understand weldment blueprints and symbols
- Visually inspect own work to verify weld quality
- Work with all teams from design, production, materials, NDT, and operations.
- Be able to maintain and clean and organized work area
- Knowledge of other metal fabrication processes – grinding, cutting, machining
- Passionate about additive manufacturing technology
- Verbal and written communication skills are key.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.