Rotating Equipment Technologist Job Highlights
|Title||Rotating Equipment Technologist|
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Dow is an innovative, materials science company. The company combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as high-performance buildings, home and personal care, electrical and industrial, consumer goods, and components assembly.
The company is looking for a Technologist who will provide maintenance subject matter expertise on plant issues that impact production over a short period of time.
The position provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the system and/or equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 4 or more years in maintaining fixed and rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, and agitators.
- As appropriate and required, reviews spare parts list for existing equipment and works with MRO to ensure parts are identified, added, and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy.
- Develops maintenance procedures based on Most Effective Technology (MET).
- During the development of turnaround work, provide input on the scope of work.
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. are provided and documented. Provide technical support as needed.
- Ensures repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment-specific training are documented and made available.
- Enters quality complaints into the QSPP system.
- Evaluates Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) activities and determine appropriate action.
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Participates with RE in developing the equipment maintenance strategy by providing technical and historical information.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification, and purchasing of needed parts.
- Provides experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides maintainability input to GPM, Six Sigma, and other improvement activities.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether the equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Serves as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
- Supports maintenance procedure use policy.
- Experience writing procedures
- Journeyman’s certificate
- Prior experience as a millwright
- Prior experience with warehouse inventory and spare parts
- Prior experience writing equipment installation documentation
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through the influence
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities
- Has strong troubleshooting skills
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Proficient in SAP
- Safety focused
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills
- Strong work ethic
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground
- Frequent bending, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
- Work in tight or closed-in spaces
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (Green Card) process.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
To apply for this job please visit corporate.dow.com.